Emergency doctors in Lianyungang called firefighters for help after a 4-year-old boy got his tongue stuck while eating candy from an Internet celebrity

2022-06-10 0 By

On the evening of February 17, a 4-year-old boy was treated at the emergency center of Donghai County People’s Hospital in Lianyungang city.He accidentally stuck his tongue in the candy shell while eating a net brown sugar.The doctor had no choice but to call the firemen.A closer examination by fire and rescue personnel revealed that the candy shell stuck on the boy’s tongue had two layers, inside and outside, made of plastic.The boy’s tongue was swollen and purple from being trapped in its shell.Fire and rescue workers removed the plastic from the inside before using a tongue spatula to pick out the candy.Because of the small diameter of the plastic shell that holds the tongue, it has a strong adsorption capacity, and the slightest mistake in the disposal process will increase the pain for the little boy.Firefighters eased the boy’s nerves as they slowly cut away the plastic shell.After about 20 minutes of intense treatment, the boy was stuck on his tongue for more than an hour and finally got out.After a doctor’s examination, the boy’s tongue is not serious.”We also want to remind other children to be careful when eating these foods or playing with toys in the future,” said a doctor from Lianyungang Donghai County People’s Hospital.Statement: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author, if there is a wrong source or infringement of your legitimate rights and interests, you can contact us through email, we will promptly deal with.Email address: jpbl@jp.jiupainews.com